Monday, December 5, 2011

Great Homemade Reindeer Project!



This project was a perfect gift for grandparents and parents. To make the reindeer, I traced the child's foot on brown felt twice and cut them out. I then traced each hand and cut them out. I sewed the feet together with just a simple stitch. I sewed it almost all the way around, but left a small space so I could stuff it with cotton balls. After it was stuffed, I stitched up the rest of the feet. For the hands, I hot glued them on the back. I then added googly eyes, a red nose and a red ribbon on the back for easy hanging. I did write the child's name and the date on the back of the reindeer with fabric paint. These took me about 15 minutes total. They are so cute and can be used over and over. It is also a sad reminder of how fast your children are growing!


Merry Christmas Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...