Friday, February 15, 2013

Beads, Beads and More Beads!!!

The kiddos have really been into beading lately! We can string beads for hours right now! It is such a great small motor/manipulative activity too. You can work on colors, shapes and even letters and numbers (some beads have letters and numbers on them) while you search through them for the "cool ones". I pick up beads whenever I see them on clearance or at yard sales. I thought I would take a picture of the "string" that I have found works the best. It is a plastic string that the kids can grasp easily. It also doesn't "ball up" or come apart at the ends like yarn and some string do. The only down fall to it is that sometimes the smaller beads with smaller holes won't fit on it. You can find it at your local craft store and I am sure Walmart would carry it in the craft section of the store.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...