Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Homemade Wreath - Cute and Easy!






I sat down to make something I had seen in a magazine. It didn't work because I had to use wrapping paper and I was trying to do it with scrapbook paper. The scrapbook paper was too strong - it didn't fold like wrapping paper would. So, I started messing around with what I had and I think I came up with a cute little wreath that is simple to make!







You will need: an embroidery hoop (any size), 4 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper - (I had a big hoop to work with so you may need fewer pieces of paper if you have a smaller hoop. You can use any color/pattern)







The first thing you need to do is cut your scrapbook paper into strips. You don't need to be precise on this. I just started cutting them into strips without a guide. I got about 10 strips per paper. Then, I cut the strips in half. I folded them over and stuck them between the hoop. I had to keep adjusting the hoop and opening it while I put more paper in it.



I alternated colors/patterns with each paper I placed. I tried to keep the "hoop" as tight as I could while I did this. If I found it hard to put the paper in, I loosened the hoop a little.






I did this around the entire hoop (you can make it as big or small as you need - depending on the size of your hoop). After I had all the paper in place, I tightened the hoop as much as I could and then added a ribbon at the top (see top picture) and hung it on my front door.


I have had so many compliments on this wreath! I hope you have fun doing this wreath. I found it to be so easy and it turned out so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...