Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tis The Season to be Thankful



It is that time of year again when I try and get my family to reflect on all the blessings we have to be thankful for. It is so easy to dwell on the things we don't have or things we want, but we have so much more to be thankful for that it is important to refect on those things. This year, I wanted to do a "Thankful Tree" so we went down to the creek by our house and got a big branch. I set it behind the magazine rack I have in the corner of the living room. I cut out leaves from scrapbook paper and punched holes in them. At dinner each night, each one of us writes what we are thankful for on the leaves, we share them and then we hang our leaves on the branches. It is a great family tradition I started a few years ago that my family looks forward to every year! Cheers to all the things we have to be thankful for in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...