Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cozy Sweater Pillows!



I have seen tons of sweater pillows in magazines and I love the way they look, BUT........... they are expensive! So, I decided to try and make them myself and I finished my first one today! I started with a flower pillow my mom was getting rid of. I then took an old sweater of mine and cut it up to fit the pillow. Then, I just started sewing the ends together. It turned out pretty cute, but the next time, if I am using a patterned pillow underneath, I will make sure the knit on the sweater is tighter. The sweater I used has some loose knit on it and you can see the red through it. I have to say that it was really pretty easy and the sweater is very forgiving to sew with. Sewing is one thing I am not good at, but this went really well!!




I can't wait to do another one and have a group of these together on the couch!!! The look so COZY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...