Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kids Turkey Trivet Craft for Thanksgiving Table

We had white tiles left over and I knew I could come up with some creative way to use them. Since it is "turkey time", I thought it would be cute to have the kids make trivets for their Thanksgiving table this year! I painted the kid's hands and fingers different colors (dark brown for body and neck and then different colors on the fingers for the feathers). We put the hand print on the tile and I added feet, eyes, beak and the "gobble, gobble" (I never know what that thing is called). I used craft paint for this project so it would stick on the tile. I used some puffy paint for the eyes, beak, gobble and feet. When they were all dry, I took Elmers glue and painted the entire tile. This added a "protective" coat so hopefully the tiles will hold up over the years. On the back, I hot glued a piece of felt.



 
 
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...