Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Festivities for Kiddos!

I am getting ready to plan our little Valentine party this week and thought I would share some of my ideas in case you are planning something for your little ones!

Here is a list of some of the things I am planning on doing:

Love Nest: I am going to build a Love Nest (tent) in the living room out of pillows and blankets. I will put our Valentines books in the Love Nest.



Heart Hunt: I am going to cut out hearts from construction paper and hide them around the house. I will tell the kids that Cupid has visited and has hidden hearts all around and we have to find them.

Cookie Station: I am going to bake some heart shaped sugar cookies that the kids will be able to decorate themselves.

Valentine Lunch: I am going to make it a Valentine themed lunch. Heart shaped sandwiches, red jello jigglers, white string cheese with pretzels (for Cupid's bow and arrow),strawberries or apples and red/white juice.


A mom brought the strawberries and string cheese which was perfect for our arrows!


Valentine Station: I will have the art table set up with different Valentine colored papers and feathers, beads, strings, etc. that the kids can create with.


Good ol' fashioned Valentine Mailboxes made out of different tissue boxes.


Pin The Arrow on the Heart: I will have a heart poster that the kids will "pin" the arrow on. I will make an arrow out of construction paper/heavier cardstock and have the kids play it like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey".




Coloring: I have some coloring Valentine coloring pages that will be a filler activity when we are between activities or when the kids just need a quiet activity.


 
 
 
 
We also made these hearts out of clay.

Then, the kids pushed different Valentine colored things into the hearts (beads, buttons, feathers, whatever you have on hand).

They turned out so cute!!!
 


Passing out Valentines: Of course we will pass out our Valentines!


These are some of the thing I have planned. I will be having this little party on Wednesday. I will take pictures and post them after that, but I thought I would get some of my plans posted now in case you were planning a little get together yourself!!! I would love to hear what you are doing as well!


Happy Valentine Planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...