Monday, March 25, 2013

Homemade Easter Bunny Pails

I thought it would be fun to make our own Easter pails for our Easter Egg Hunt this year! I love a good homemade/DIY project..... especially one you can involve the kiddos with!

This project was very easy and the pail are really durable! They will last through all your hunts this year!

You will need:
  • oatmeal canister
  • white paper
  • googly eyes
  • something for the nose (I used pink foam sheets that we cut into triangles)
  • marker
  • pipe cleaners (chenille stems)
First, wrap the canister with white paper. Cut bunny ear shapes out of white paper. For the inside of our ears, we used decorative duct tape. You could use anything you have for this part (scrapbook paper, construction paper) or color in the inside of the ears with markers or crayons. I glued the ears to the back of the canister and then we added googly eyes, our pink nose and I drew on the "mouth" and whiskers with marker. What a CUTE BUNNY! For the handle, I punched a hole on each side of the canister and used black pipe cleaners (the handles are DURABLE)!!!!






 
 
 
 
I wanted to show you that if you didn't have any oatmeal canisters, you could also use Kleenex boxes. The good thing about these boxes is that the kids won't lose the eggs when they are bending over because of the plastic that is on the hole on the top! I would do the same thing with the box that I did with the canisters. Cover it with white paper and then add ears, make the face and viola - Easter Bunny Kleenex Pail!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...