Monday, March 11, 2013

"Learn Your Colors" St. Patty's Day Activity

To do this activity, you will need:
  • paper plates
  • each color of the rainbow streamers (or ribbon, or even colored construction paper would work)
  • glue
  • cotton balls
  • stapler

First, cut the paper plate in half. Have your child glue cotton balls all over the paper plate (this is the cloud). Then, cut each of the colored streamers the same length. I had the kids sit in a circle with their  "cloud" and their streamers. I told them that we had to put the rainbows together in order. I would then say - "find your red streamer"...... they would bring up the red streamer with their cloud and I would staple it on there. They would sit back down and I would say - "find your orange streamer", etc. until the rainbow was complete. It was a great craft activity that incorporated the holiday and also helped them work on color recognition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...