Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Upcycle - Old Garage Door into Message Center




This was our old door off of our garage. There was a window on the top of it (of course I forgot to take a picture of it before my husband cut it in half). He cut the window part of the door off, which left the bottom part (with those fabulous panels!!!). I also had him even out the very bottom of the door so it matched the top part that he cut off. The panels on the door are what got me excited about this old door!!! I saw this bottom half as a message board! I cleaned the door and painted the entire thing a fun, spring green color. I painted each panel with chalkboard paint. I would like to add some hooks to it for keys and/or purses, etc. I think this would be so cute in any mudroom/entryway/kitchen. I will post a final picture once I am totally done with it, but it is fun to see what can be done with things that were going to just be trashed!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Add Your Comment...